One of the great things about Chapel Hill North, our apartments in Durham, is the playground. It’s a great place for parents to bring their kids for some exercise and a great time. There are some things to think about, however, when heading to the playground. We’ve made a list of safety tips to help you out.
- Always keep some bandages and antiseptic with you when on the playground, because accidents do happen!
- Don’t let your kids wear flip-flops or other open-toed shoes when playing. Sneakers with good rubber soles are the best.
- Keep an eye on your kids at all times and always make sure that there are enough adults in your party to cover all of the kids.
- Make sure your kids avoid any kind of very physical behavior, like pushing and shoving. It may just be a game to them, but someone could get hurt.
- If anything on the playground is broken or worn out, report it to maintenance immediately so that they can repair it.
Do you have a playground safety tip? Share it on our Chapel Hill North Facebook page!
Photo via phalinn