America celebrates the 4th of July as Independence Day because it was on that day in 1776 that the final draft of the Declaration of Independence was adopted in Philadelphia by members of the Second Continental Congress. It is the only holiday dedicated to America and is associated with many traditions such as fireworks, grilling out, and hanging poolside with friends and family while we honor the American flag.
Are you looking for easy entertainment for 2012’s 4th of July? There are plenty of opportunities throughout the Triangle – most of which are inexpensive OR free!
Check out some of the below:
- Durham Bulls vs. Norfolk Tides with fireworks after the game – https://www.ticketreturn.com/prod2/Buy.asp?EventID=72444
- “Festival for the Eno” – http://enoriver.org/Festival/
- Fireworks and Festival at Kenan Memorial Stadium in Chapel Hill – http://www.townofchapelhill.org/index.aspx?page=514
- Carrboro July 4th Celebration – http://www.carrborojuly4th.com/
- Raleigh “The Works” Celebration – http://www.raleighconvention.com/theworks
Take your pick and have a safe Fourth of July weekend in Chapel Hill, NC!