The holiday decorations surrounding our apartments in Chapel Hill are a clear indication that our residents are eagerly stocking up on holiday presents.
Unfortunately, gift wrapping is an art that most of us have yet to master, so here are some quick tips for you to follow so that your presents shine brightly.
- Assemble your supplies. Tape, scissors, a ruler, and a solid cutting surface are must have items.
- Choose your paper palette. Some people like to color code their gifts depending on the recipient, while others simply choose one color for everyone.
- When you start wrapping, be careful not to use too much paper. Measure the amount of paper you’ll need per gift, then use your ruler to cut the proper amount from the spool.
- Take your time when you fold the corners and make sure not to stuff excess paper into the package. If you have excess paper, just cut it off.
- Don’t forget to put a gift tag on the present and if you really want it to look sharp, tie a ribbon and bow around it as well.
What are some of the other ways you’ve used to wrap your gifts? Share your ideas with us on our Facebook page.
Photo via Philip Newton