One of the many designer luxuries Chapel Hill North residents enjoy are the beautiful, gleaming granite counters that extend throughout all kitchens and bathrooms. Certainly, it’s a feature that draws many to our urban, contemporary apartment community as they search for their new apartment home in Chapel Hill, North Carolina!
Some benefits of granite countertops our residents appreciate are:
- The beautiful appearance – it catches light throughout the day
- Granite is a sanitary countertop material that does not harbor bacteria
- Granite is easy to clean
- Granite is perfect for rolling out dough and candy
- Hot items will not leave char marks
Although cleaning and maintenance of granite countertops is relatively easy, experts say that some methods are more preferable than others. Here is one of the simplest and gentlest ways residents at Chapel Hill North can keep their granite countertops sparkling:
- Add just a few drops of dishwashing liquid to a bucket or large bowl of warm water and make it sudsy
- Lightly wet a soft sponge or cloth with the water and begin cleaning the surface, rubbing in circular motions
- Rinse your cloth with clear warm water, wring out the cloth so it is damp and wipe away soapy residue from surface.
- If a dull finish and/or streaks remain on surface, it is likely because it needs repeated rinsing. Rinse out your cloth and continue wiping.
- Immediately wipe surface dry with a clean, dry cloth (preferably microfiber).
- Periodically clean your granite surface with a cleaner specifically made for granite, such as Granite Gold. These are available at most grocery and hardware stores.
Our neighbors are always able to contact the Chapel Hill North leasing office with any questions or concerns regarding their granite countertops! We are happy to help with upkeep of the beautiful homes here at Chapel Hill North in Chapel Hill, North Carolina!